As of July 2021 the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services, and the Alberta Dental Association and College have moved from a mandatory face mask requirement to an optional one. As a result of this, Thorncliffe Family Dental will make mask usage for patients optional in the clinic.
We strongly encourage the usage of face masks for the near future but understand that there are reasons for not using one and will respect that. Our staff will continue to wear face masks while inside the clinic for their safety and yours.
At Thorncliffe Family Dental, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance.
For the protection of all our patients and staff, if you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment.
Some illnesses and their symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
In order to keep our patients and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented the following policies and procedures:
- IQAir medical grade air purifiers have been added
- COVID-19 screening questions are asked and cleared prior to patients entering the clinic
- Plexiglass screen installed for our reception desk
- Patients are asked to clean their hands with disinfectant hand sanitizer gel as soon as they enter the clinic
- Temperature of staff and patients are taken before work started
- We have all the proper PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment) for our staff – masks, faceshields, goggles, gowns for caring for our patients
- Only patients with appointments will be permitted in the office
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we must take to keep you safe in our practice.